Articles | Travel Agents | Casas | Index
Accommodations in Cuba
Occasionally we receive messages from renters of private rooms / houses in Cuba (aka "casa particulares"). Their inclusion on this page does not imply any endorsement from the CNC, nor can we provide any information beyond what is listed below. You can also find listings by doing a Google search for "Cuba" and "casa particular."
We strongly encourage travellers to rent only from those who are licensed. This provides a measure of protection for you in terms of quality of accommodation and in the rare case of theft. Licensed casa particulares are regularly inspected and expected to meet a minimum standard. You may ask to see the license of the casa owner, and you will be provided with receipts which include your passport number and other information.
Legal casa particulares provide not only an opportunity for Cubans to gain additional income, the license fees paid to the state go into the broad social safety net for all Cubans. Those who rent unlicensed casas (illegally) do not pay a fee and keep all profits. This is the kind of negative impact tourism can have, enabling some to make high incomes outside of the official economy. By renting only from legal establishments, you are supporting the broader welfare of the entire Cuban population.
- Casa Suzanna
- 1060 Calle 26, esquina zoologico
- Nuevo Vedado, Havana
- call or e-mail Roberto Riesgo at (902) 865-6992 or email@example.com for more information or to reserve.
- Suzanna has air conditioned rooms with private baths, double beds, telephones, hot water, ceiling fans, refrigerator, safety box, maid service, breakfast included in the newly renovated marble kitchen, nightly guarded parking, and laundry and extra meals provided at additional cost.
- Her two storey house, built in 1953, is just 15 minutes away from all points of interest in Havana and is in a very upscale neighbourhood. She speaks English perfectly and is an excellent contact to have in Havana. Rooms are $45 to $50 US depending on size.
- We have stayed there twice. Most recently with our two small children. A cot for our daughter and playpen for our infant were provided. Staying there provided us with a great base for seeing the whole city and nearby beaches.
- Santiago de Cuba
- Name: Maria de la Cruz
- Address: Rey Pelayo 83 e/ Reloj y Calvario
- Telephone: 628778
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://geocities.com/hospedajemaria
- We rent double rooms with air conditions, private bath, hot water.
Located in the centre of Santiago de Cuba, four blocks from the Plaza Dolores, six from the Parque Céspedes, La Trova, and Hotel Casas Granda.
- From: PaulL@laurus.be
- Web: www.casaparticular.info
- The site is non-commercial and provides links to over 100 sites where people can find casas.
- COLONIAL HOUSE
- MERCEDES ALBALAT MILORD
- Calle José Martí no.330
- e/ Simón Bolívar y Francisco Javier Zerquera
- Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus,
- CUBA, C-P 62600
- phone and fax: 0419/3350
- The house is located between Viazúl pullman station (300 mt., 3 minutes by feet) and Parque Céspedes. It's a legal casa particular with sleeping and cooking license: "Arrendador inscripto"
- There are 3 bedrooms:
- - bedroom 1 : 1 bed for 2 persons, conditioned air or electric fan and 1 independent bathroom with warm water.
- - bedroom 2 : 2 beds for 2 persons, electric fan and 1 shared bathroom with warm water.
- - bedroom 3 : 3 beds for 4 persons, conditioned air or electric fan and 1 shared bathroom with warm water (for tourists with small children, they pay nothing).
- All the bedrooms are located in the house where the Mercedes family live and do not have an independent entrance.
- Prices: breakfast $2/3, lunch and dinner $6/8, bedrooms between $10 and 20.
- The hosts, who are between 40 and 50 years old, are Carlos and Rebecca, a very good cook; ask Rebecca especially for "langosta en salsa" and "camarones en grille", but visitors can try a lot of other exquisites dishes.
- Regular bedroom cleaning and sheets change; possibility of clothes washing and ironing. The house has also a "patio" and a living room with television, videorecorder and hi-fi. Other amenities: dining room, refrigerator, 110/220 volts current, secure car parking, safe.
- A great family very hospitable and pleasant with a marvelous little dog, "Toki" and a irresistible green parrot, "Tito". If you'd like to ride ask Alexander, a horses breeder.
- The house has furniture and objects of the colonial age and is quoted in the "Lonely Planet" guide.
- The trip from the José Martí Airport, Havana to Trinidad usually costs $20 by taxi.
- Malinalli Cortés email@example.com
- Independent room in a house, located in Playa, Ciudad de la Habana. Private entrance, sitting room and bath with all the conveniences (Telephone, hot water, air conditioning, TV, minibar and others). Photos available on request.
- Fee: $30/night.
- For bookings or more information, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go back to Travel Index